Pages

13 April 2010

Cupcake Craft Challenge...

The Cupcake Craft Challenge this week is Childhood Memories... boy, does this conjure up a load of memories.  I am sure you all had a Teddy to sleep with at night. When Mom and Dad kissed you goodnight and you were left on your own to fall asleep, you'd probably pull him closer towards your chest like I did for comfort just before sleep took over.  And he'd be pulled even closer if you heard any strange noises, thinking that the boogey man was under your bed! You'd shut your eyes tight wishing that the morning light would appear through the curtains.... yes, childhood memories can be a wonderful thing and I certainly hope yours were pleasant ones, as were mine!

I chose this cute little image, which was a freebie I found on one of those free colouring pages on the 'Net. She looks as if she's on her way to bed with her little Teddy.  I've kept my card very plain, using a lovely Pink AC cardstock for the base of my card. I really can't recall the DP I've used, as it's bits and pieces that are left over from the original 12x12's. I used sticky dots to raise my image onto a cuttlebugged piece of cream card.  The only embellies are my gorgeous pearls, the lovely  cherry blossom and roses in the corner, all from Paola's shop.

I really hope you like this one and I hope the team at Cupcake Craft like it too.  Happy crafting friends... hugs Sharon x

13 comments:

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hello Sharon. What a beautiful card and lovely memories of childhood too. Beautiful papers and the border looks great. Fabulous image so beautifully done. Happy crafting.
Love Sandra xx

The Crafty Goat Girl said...

Hi Sharon, I just love your card! The papers are just gorgeous and what a super image, fits in really well with the theme over at Cupcake! Good luck, hugs Heidi xx

Lisa Jane said...

what a sweet card - beautiful colors and punched border
Lisa ;)

Cherie said...

Hi Sharon, I loved the way you described your memories. when I read your comment on Catherine's blog I thought what would I do for that challenge. I must rise to it and see what I can do. Your card is lovely. What a great image love her teddy.
Love Cherie

Ilonka said...

Hi Sharon what a lovely card . So gorgeous and the image is so beautiful.

Xxx Ilonka

Shelly said...

Hi Sharon! What a fabulous job you've done at interpreting our challenge this week... and I love the little 'memories'... I can relate to them! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake this week!
Shelly ;)

IsabellasSketchbook said...

Sharon, your blog and cards are delightful! I'm so glad you visited my blog (thanks Peggy).

My son visited Cape Town (his best friend is from there) a few years ago and just loved it.

Catherine said...

Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Craft dear Sharon ! Your card is so so sweet : lovely soft colours and the image is really cute... Thank you for sharing your special memories too... I didn't have a teddy when I was little, maybe that's the reason why I have got some now !!! Good luck ! Hugs and smiles from Catherine

Michele Roos said...

Oh such a pretty card Sharon. Love the papers you've used and the image also. Hugs Michele x

Victoria said...

such a pretty card and such a wonderful sweet memory too

Thanks for joining in at Cupcake this week
Hugs
Victoria
x

Liza said...

Great work Sharon, it fits perfectly with our theme this week. Thanks for joining us at CCC.

Liza x

jimlynn said...

So very cute! Love the colors, image, paper....well, just everything. Precious.

Meahni Pieterse said...

Oh this card is so cute. I will be stamping images next weekend :-))