Pages

25 September 2010

Men's Cards...

Good morning and a lovely Saturday to you all... it's just gone 12h14am and here I am typing this post.  Yesterday was a hectic public holiday for me... we went shopping and I bought a whole lot of crafty goodies which I'll be sharing with you over the next while.  Then I cleared out my craft area... with Kendall's help... thank goodness... now things look in order again... Gosh, but don't we collect a lot of stuff!!!  It really boggles my mind and each time I say I'm not buying another thing and before you know it, I've committed the same sin again...

I couldn't wait to ink and stamp this cute Ship stamp which I purchased yesterday from one of our local shops, Merrypak.  As it's a card for my brother-in-law, I couldn't use any ribbon or pearls or pink (heaven forbid... ), so I decided to try something completely out of the ordinary for me and hope you like it... 

I bought Tim Holtz's Distress Pad, Vintage Photo, ages ago and have hardly used it, but it came in real handy for this card.

Here's a peek at the inside, which has also been distressed...

This is where we'll write our message.  I took a double sheet from an exercise book, tore around the edges and inked with the THoltz distress ink.  Using the same pad, I inked and stamp the Happy Birthday sentiment and the squiggles are from a set of stamps which my dear blogfriend Catherine sent me for my birthday - this gift came in real handy yesterday Catherine! Thank you.

And now for my second card with the same stamp, but this time I've inked around it a bit more to give it that real weathered look... please note, I am not an expert at this distressing technique and think I'd like to find a class to learn this technique a bit more... I belong to a rubber stamping group in SA and the majority of our members are experts at  distressing and embossing.  I really admired the work they did on their Cansa cards and wished when I made these 2 cards, that I had some of that embossing powder amongst my stash... you see what I mean... now, it's something more to go and purchase... lol

I stamped the Thank You sentiment onto white paper and distressed that too to give it that olde world look... added 2 buttons as this background was a bit darker than the previous card...

Once again, Catherine's stamp came in handy as I decorated the inside of the card where you write your message... 

I really hope you like these 2 cards.  In 'real life' they look fabulous and I am so proud of these 2 creations, if you don't mind me saying so.  I hope the recipients will enjoy them too.

Thanks for popping by.  I am still trying to get around to you, please bear with me as I try to catch up with you all... hugs Sharon x

5 comments:

jimlynn said...

These are GORGEOUS!!!! Love all the distressing and what a fantastic image.
Lynn

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

a fabulous mens card, the ship image is great, cute charm and wonderful in sepia. janex

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hi Sharon. Another fantastic creation. The ship is great and you have produced an amazing piece of work. I am sure the recipient will love it too Sharon. Happy crafting.
With love, Sandra xx

Unknown said...

Hey sweetie! The men are going to love these cards for they are really awesome! Your distressing looks fab as if you have been doing it for years! I love the charm which is perfect for the card!

paola said...

Gorgeous Sha! see you getting quite artistic these days, please dont go and buy embossing powder i will send you tons for FREE!
smiles
Paola