Pages

02 October 2010

Get Well...

Hello friends... after a hectic Saturday morning, I am now relaxing at home. Just completed my 2nd dose of antibiotics today and Kendall just got her 3rd dose of antibiotics... boy, have we been in the wars at the end of our winter... wish we could get better now... 

As you know I belong to a wonderful group of crafters in our country called the Rubber Stamping in SA group.  These ladies recently rose to the challenge to make cards for CANSA in celebration of Cancer month, which is this month.  Our group comprises of individual crafters of all ages, each one having her/his own unique stamping/crafting skill. We can learn such a lot from each other, which is wonderful for a newbie like myself. I am learning where to get stash at better prices... helloooo... we all want to save a few pennies so that we can buy MORE stash, don't we....  I'm learning new words that are still very foreign to me... I've met a few of my blog buddies in the Cape Town area and even one from Johannesburg and they are all LOVELY people... There was absolutely no awkwardness at all when meeting them for the first time... we share the same hobby, so we just jumped in and started chatting as if we'd been doing it for years...

OK... I'm getting to the point now... we are also there for each other in one's time of need... should someone be ill, we're informed thereof so that we can send a Random Act of Kindness (RAK) card, just to cheer that person up... so, as one of our members has not been well for a while, I sat down last night and made this card for her and posted it today... Just thought I would share it with you all...

Not sure of this size card, but thought I would try a different size for a change... Just love this little nurse trying to give her patient some meds to make him better... awww, so sweet.  It's a Lili of the Valley stamp, for those who don't know.  I decided just to colour it with my chalk this time, to give the copics a rest...lol  and I quite like the softness it gives to the image.

Used the same papers to decorate the inside and my Best Wishes stamp.


I hope this card will cheer the recipient up a bit... thanks for popping around and leaving a comment... and if you're not feeling well today, I hope you'll get better soon... hugs Sharon x

p.s. As it's World Cardmaking Day today, just couldn't let the day pass without showcasing a card.  Can't wait to read what you've all been up to today.  Hope you've had FUN FUN FUN!!!

11 comments:

dolcreations said...

This is so sweet of you Sharon to do a card for a friend that is not feeling well. It is amazing how this act of kindness goes such a long way. The fact that you handmade such a beautiful card in such relaxing and soft colours is really so nice of you...your friend will definetly love it!

Catherine said...

What a precious card Sharon ! I love the soft colours of your papers and this image is absolutely delicious... Love the little bear who is showcasing too !!! Hope you will soon feel better Sweetie ! Lots of hugs and love from Catherine

The Crafty Goat Girl said...

Hi Sharon, am so sorry to hear that you have been poorly, hope those drugs are working and that you feel much better soon.

I love your little card, its so pretty! I will pass this on to Georgia who has a cold today and is feeling a little under the weather. You have used some beautiful pastel colours and your images is fabulous.

Take care and get well soon, hugs Heidi & Georgia xxx

Pinklady 68 said...

A beautiful card, Sharon! Love the color kombo and cute image:-)

Hope you will feel better soon!!
Hugs Laila.

Lia said...

beautiful card sharon I love the stamp and the soft colors, I hope you're feeling better
hugs Lia

ursula Uphof said...

A lovely card Sharon. Hope you feel better soon and that spring will arrive permanently in the Cape. We ar into full blown summer the last few days. If this is spring, what will we do in summer. Warm wishes

RosesMarijke said...

Wat naar dat je je nog niet beter voelt Sharon...heel veel beterschap...ook voor Kendall....maar je kaartje is zo schattig...echt een lieverdje hoor!!

veel liefs en groetjes van Marijke

Renkata said...

Such a great idea!
So king and lovely from you.
Very sweet and cute card Sharon

Crealin said...

Hoi lieve Sharon,

zo spijtig te horen dat jij en Kendall nog steeds ziek zijn, dat klinkt niet goed. Je kaartje is weer zo mooi, ik ben er van overtuigd dat diegene die dit kaartje krijgt heel blij zal zijn en zich vast beter zal voelen.

Voor jou en je dochter veel beterschapsknuffels vanuit Belgiƫ!

Vele groetjes,

Lins xxx

Anonymous said...

Oh this is so beautiful, Sharon! I love your effect of colouring with chalks - so soft and perfect for that image, too. I realy like the size of card as well - it's nice to see something a little different.

Unknown said...

Ahhhh what a super sweet card for I too love the image! I love the softness of the chalks and have been using mine to do the outside of the images which I am unable to accomplish with Copics or stress ink. Hugx, feel better soon! xoxoxoxo