Pages

08 March 2011

I'm Back...

Hello blogfriends... I've just returned from a staff conference which I've been attending since Sunday afternoon.  There were 140 of us from all over the country.  The last time we all got together was in March 2008, so it was wonderful connecting with our extended family members again.  There are some new faces amongst our staff, so it was nice meeting them for the first time too. 

I thought I'd just share a few random pics that I took whilst I was there... nothing fabulous, but hey... we're just sharing, right??


Here's one section of the Breakfast Bar... look at all those yummy croissants, muffins, etc.  I am following a very strict eating plan, so had to resist!! Flip... it was soooo difficult, but I did not succumb to the temptation !

This was the healthy side of the Breakfast Bar, which I did help myself to.  Lovely fresh South African fruit with yoghurt to start the day... hmmmm


Here's the main Conference room where we gathered each day... It can divide into 3 to create separate breakaway rooms for the various groups.

This is where we gathered to have our tea and coffee breaks.  This balcony overlooks London Road... which is the front of the Hotel.


You've seen pics of Table Mountain on my blog before.  I've never been up this close and thought I'd make use of this opportunity to show you the part of the mountain where the cable car departs from.

Back: Jacqui, Ilse and Abi  Front: Michele, Sharon and Tanya

And this is our group of Regional Administrators from all over the country. So nice catching up with them.  We had a wonderful, informative workshop session.  So sad saying goodbye today.

Well... this is where I have been for the past 2 and a half days... It is wonderful being home again and I am so going to enjoy sleeping in my own bed tonight. No matter how luxurious the room, I cannot sleep anywhere but in my own bed...

Lovely seeing some new faces amongst my Creative Friends on top.  Thanks so much for joining, I look forward to visiting you soon.  hugs Sharon x

9 comments:

Pinklady 68 said...

Sounds like a great Conferance Sharon!
Meeting good friends, good food and lovely hotell..perfect:-)
This weekend (Friday to Sunday)I was at a scrappbook meeting with 80 other ladies. Had a fabolous time!!

Wish you a great week! Sleep well in your own bed:-)

Hugs Laila.

dolcreations said...

Everything looks so wonderful!

celia said...

Het zag er fantastisch uit! Wat een ontbijt!!!! Lekker lekker lekker...de yoghurt mag jij hebben ik neem de lekkere croissants en vers fruit!Hahaha!
Geniet van je terug thuis zijn en vooral van je schoonheidslaapje in je eigen bed!!!!!
Veel liefs, Celia.

Dana said...

What great pics!! I especially love the mountain shot and the balcony! So glad you are home safe and sound! I'm with ya' on the sleeping in your own bed.. there's no place like home!!
Hugs~
Dana

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

breakfast looks a treat, beats a bit of toast. Its the lovely sun and sitting outdoors that I envy.
glad you had a good time. janex

Riet said...

Wowwww Sharon,wat ziet dat er mooi en heerlijk uit.

Liefs Riet.x

Crealin said...

Hoi Sharon,

ik heb je al gemist, dat ontbijt ziet er erg lekker uit. Ik zou daar niet aan kunnen weerstaan ;-) yummy!
Blij te lezen dat je een geweldige tijd hebt gehad.

Tot gauw en dikke knuffel,

Lins x

Tab said...

Oh hun, you were good sticking to your fruit LOL....I am not sure I would have been so good LOL! Glad that you had a good time!
Hugs Tab xxx

Unknown said...

Ah Sharon, beautiful pictures! You made me hungry and I agree there is nothing like your own bed. Love Table Mountain and so wish someday I could see it. Miss you g/f!