Pages

06 November 2011

Get Well Card

Good morning friends... here's wishing you all a blessed Sunday!  It is a glorious day in Cape Town this morning. The sun is shining through the clouds and it's a wee bit coolish, but perfect weather for me!

I did some retail therapy yesterday and purchased a lovely book titled Simply Cards by Sally Traidman from Bargain Books. It was marked down from R150 to R99 - a whole R50 saving!


I'm forever looking and purchasing Stamping/Papercraft books (when they're on a special) as there is ALWAYS something new to learn.  Thought I'd share this with you - it may be "old hat" to some of the more seasoned crafters out there, but for me it's a new technique I've just learnt and oh sooooo simple.

Right... I took out some of my little inkpads and very lightly stamped them onto white cardstock to create a lovely row of coloured blocks...  Then I inked my Get Well Soon sentiment stamp in black and stamped it over the coloured blocks. Another Tip for the Day: Let the coloured block dry first before to stamp the sentiment over it !


How pretty does that look, don't you agree?  And here is the card I made as requested by Kendall for her Granny Keanly (my ex-mom-in-law) who is not feeling too well.


I've kept this very clean and simple.  Doesn't that sentiment just look fabulous ?


Enjoy the rest of your Sunday... I'm off to do some more retail therapy... saw something yesterday, that I "uhhm'd and ahhh'd" about and now I just gotta go buy it !  (Stop giggling Sandra)

hugs Sharon x

10 comments:

Renkata said...

So elegant and beautiful card Sharon.

Riet said...

Wat een prachtige kaart Sharon.

Liefs Riet.

Catherine said...

Your card is so beautiful Sharon ! I love the DP ! Thank you for sharing another technique ! Hope you are having a lovely sunday ! Hugs and love from Catherine

jimlynn said...

Stunning! Love how you did the blocks of color too. Beautiful card.
(I think I need some retail therapy too!!!) LOL!
Lynn

Sandy said...

Wow! I like this idea a lot - makes for a pretty card!
sandy

cabio's craft corner said...

That is such a fun use of using the ink to create the embellie on your card :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Cami said...

Very pretty card, Sharon. That DTP technique really makes the sentiment pop, and your DP is very pretty.
Hugs, Cami
P.S. Thank you for your sweet comment...I appreciate that!

Marika said...

What an easy way to bring colour to a piece of white cardstock.

Thank you,
Marika

ursula Uphof said...

Lovely card. I have that book too, thanks for reminding me, will have to get it out and have a look again.

Cindy :) said...

(Stop giggling Sandra) made me giggle out loud, lol too cute
I love your card, that is a great way to showcase a sentiment, awesome tfs