Pages

14 January 2012

Totally Gorjuss (DT) - Be A Star!

A warm welcome to all our old and new Totally Gorjuss friends... We have a lovely challenge for you this week... Be A Star!  All you need do is have a star somewhere on your project.

As mentioned previously on my blog, I've made a promise to myself to start using some of my non-Magnolia stamps or else this blog may as well be called Sharon's Magnolia Korner...hehehe   I was delighted to find George from the Molly Bloom range of stamps.  I think he was a freeby with the Papercraft Magazine, which was kindly sent to me by my friend Sandra.  Isn't he delightful?

The nestie is new, just arrived in time for this challenge. It's Docrafts XCut, which Paola got me from Joan's shop.  They are MUCH cheaper than the Spellbinder dies, so if any of the local girls are interested, ask Paola if she can get them for you.  The little piece of star paper also came in handy for this challenge.  Never throw your cut-offs away, you may just need a little piece, which can make such a difference to one's card.  The sentiment (C1047) is a favourite one by a local company, Great Impressions.  Their link is on the left hand side of my blog.


I thought I would try that thingy-ma-gig again for the eyelets.  My lovely friend Charmain recommended that I get it from Niki Zipp.  When she demonstrated it to me, it looked so easy to use, but I really struggle with it.  It's one of those springy-ma-gings and when trying to get the back of the eyelet flattened, mine always flattens skew...boohooo and then I stuggle to find the hole to get my string through!  I suppose it's just a case of practice makes perfect huh!

Our wonderful sponsor for this challenge is Crafter's Companion.    The have a SALE on at the moment, so do visit them for all your crafty needs as they have fabulous products in stock.


By the way, just thought I would mention that I have decided to step down from the Anything Goes DT, so you won't be seeing anymore AGDT cards on my blog from now on.  I hope to find time to take part in a few of their challenges now.  It was awesome being part of the Team, thanks so much for having me girls!

Okay, that's enough jabbering from me.  We look forward to seeing you at the Totally Gorjuss challenge.  Please visit the rest of my DT sisters and give them some love when you do!  You can find them on the left hand side of my blog.

hugs Sharon x

3 comments:

Catherine said...

What a lovely card Sharon ! I love the stars and the way you have attached the baker twine ! Cute image too ! Have a lovely week-end Sweetie ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

Anonymous said...

This is a great card, Sharon. Love the stars and baker twine, lovely sentiment.
Amelia x

jimlynn said...

You already know I love this!! Great star and of course the way you did the twine is just wonderful.
Know what you mean about not throwing away scraps, etc....I have a whole boat load full and have promised myself to use those before cutting more paper! We'll see how that one goes.
Love your card Sharon!
Lynn