05 September 2012

Gina's Card

Happy Wednesday... it is midweek with only 2 days to go for the weekend.  I made this card as a special request for a friend.  It was a real challenge for me.  She liked it (shew!) and I hope you do too!

I will be entering this card into the Wild Orchid Crafts challenge... seeing that I have used flowers from their store.  Their challenge is Layer It Up - using 3 or more layers.  My creation definitely complies with these rules.

In the top right hand corner, I have tried to create something that gives the impression of an old fashioned locket, that you open. Stuck a brad in the top, so that the top half can move sideways to show the birthday message inside.  Here's a better pic below, which will give you a better view...

My friend (bless her) was blown away by this little hidden birthday message.

Here's a close up of the bottom corner. Loved doing all that distressing and chalking
around the edges.
 


Hope you get to notice all the lovely layers on this card.  A peek at the inside where I have stamped around the part where the message needs to be written.
 
 
 Here's the inside of the card...
 
 
Another peek of the inside from another angle.  Just loving all these layers and textures.
 
The final shot!
 
 
I'd love to know what you think of this creation.  As always, I appreciate your comments, so do leave one before you go.
 
Thank you so much for popping by.
 
hugs Sharon x


13 comments:

Rose Petal said...

Hello Sharon. Oh my goodness me, what a SIMPLY STUNNING CREATION.
So much fantastic colour and detail. I love how you have made the Locket, how brilliant that it swings open to reveal those words.
Gorgeous papers, lace for all that extra texture. Absolutely amazing my friend. I LOVE IT.
Lots of love, Sandra xxx

jimlynn said...

Sharon, this is super sensational!!! So beautiful and love the way you did the image/sentiment in the corner. Gorgeous!
Lynn

Nicole said...

Wauw, prachtig Sharon. Wat een laagjes.....Liefs, Nicole

Riet said...

Wat een schitterende kaart Sharon.

Liefs Riet.

Sue said...

Sharon your card is stunning,love the embellies and your locket is fantastic.
Hugs Sue xx

Cheryl said...

oh wow Hun this is amazing oh I love love those papers,and the detail is just brilliant,love it too bits,hugs Cherylxxxx

Desire Fourie said...

Sharon this is so beautifully designed and the colours and embellishments work so well together. Wishing you a fab Thursday.
PS: Lots of lovely rain last night here in Jhb - the first of the season.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

RosesMarijke said...

Hello My Friend
Wat een baie mooie kaart Sharon, je bent een echte kunstenaar geworden hoor!!

Absolutey gorgeous!!

xxxxMarijke

Donna Mosley said...

This is so beautiful Sharon, love it! my sig was from Pink Gems -

http://www.pinkgemdesigns.com/catalog/index.php

Donna x

Pop's Cards said...

Hey sweetie, I just totally love this creation, fabulous sweetie, huggles Pops x x x

otomys said...

Beautiful vintage card Sharon!
Amelia x

Else Irene said...

So sweet :) Thanks for joining us at Wild Orchid Challenge this week ♥

chilli pip said...

Love this card Sharon , so much detail without looking cluttered. I especially love the locket and the little tag.