[This blog post is taken from my other blog The Cape Town Card Fairy, which I am hoping will attract a lot more support. Thanks to those who have already joined as members.]
THE ELDERLY: Blankets, scarves, gloves, jerseys, clothing and shoes for men and woman. Tinned food such as veggies, meat, soup, rice, long life milk, coffee, tea, sugar, pasta, biscuits, ALL toiletries – soap, toothpaste, toothbrushes, hand cream, Panado. We also like to add treats such as Milo, chocolates, sweets etc.
THE BABIES: Baby formula, new born nappies, Baby Toiletries – barrier creams, wet wipes, shampoo, cotton wool, nappy bags. Baby Medication – Panado syrup, Teejel.
Baby grows, vests, jerseys, blankets and something special for moms – Panado, sanitary towels, hand cream, chocolates.
SAFE HOUSE: Same as above, but adding clothes and shoes for 3 to 5 year old boys and girls. Toys, Books, Crayons, Puzzles. Cleaning products - Handy Andy, Jik, Sunlight Liquid, Toilet Paper. FOOD same as Winter Warmer Packs.
RAPE CRISIS: Cleaning products and food.
- Keep it CAS (clean and simple).
- Include an envelope with the card.
- Use multi-colours i.e. blues/pinks/yellows/greens together, so that the card can be given iro a baby of either gender.
- Mark your external envelope "Baby Cards", so that Cathy can identify it easily and address it to: Scrapping4Charity, Postnet Suite 356, P/bag x15, Somerset West, 7129.
- Ensure your card/cards reach her no later than 30th May 2014.
Cathy will keep us updated via her FB page of the number of cards received, so that we know how well we're doing.