Pages

04 January 2010

Sketch Saturday Challenge # 84

Greetings again friends... I just loved the challenge set out by Sketch Saturday and was itching to make a card.  Here is my entry, I hope you like it as much as I do. 



The base of my card is a gorgeous shimmery bronze colour which was left over from the wedding invitations I made.  The cream is a little bit thinner, but also a shimmer paper. The ribbon is a fave of mine, bronzy organza with white daisies from Merrypak.  I coloured my Tilda in with Faber Castell Watercolour Pencils this time. I first stamped some grass onto my oval nestie and once dry, coloured it in with 2 different colour greens. I then took some green and blue chalk and coloured in the rest of the nestie to give one the impression that Tilda is outdoors. The log is from the Tilda range, I glued that onto the nestie and then raised Tilda onto the log using sticky foam tape. Further embellished with some pearls, chipboard buttons and a lovely lilac butterfly.

All comments are appreciated... whilst browsing through my Google Reader, I notice things are getting back to normal and everyone is hectically busy crafting... I'll be visiting you soon.  Take care, Sharon

11 comments:

The Wired Angel said...

This is just darling Sharon! You did an exceptional job creating this card. Hope things are cooling down in your neck of the woods! Hugs, Peggy

Michele Roos said...

Gorgeous card Sharon. Love the colours you've used and all the pretty embellies also. Hugs Michele x

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hello Sharon. A beautiful card, love the colour and the image is just deightful.
Love Sandra xx

celia said...

Terug een prachtige zomerse kaart Sharon!
Als ik je zo in je topje zien staan op de foto, bibber ik uit mijn vel. Het is de hele dag -5 en het ziet er naar uit dat het zo blijft tot eind van de maand...brrrr
Was ik maar in Zuid-Africa!!!LOL!
Veel liefs,Celia

RosesMarijke said...

Hello my friend!!

Wat een moooooi kaartje Sharon ...echt een lieffie!!

En die heerlijke zomerse kleuren ...ik kan er nu al naar verlangen!!

veel liefs en groetjes van Marijke
....het gaat hier weer sneeuwen....

Dena said...

Wowie Sharon!!! Oh this is sooooooo very cute. That Tilda is so refreshing and what a cute butterfly. Spring is around the corner right? Love this card!
Hugs, Dena

Catherine said...

Hello dear Sharon ! What a sweet sweet card ! The colours are soft and gentle and the image is really cute. Tilda is so so pretty... Love the chipboard buttons too, what a great idea ! Hugs and smile from Catherine

Riet said...

Ohhh wowww Sharon,wat een schitterende kaart heb je gemaakt.
Leuk hoe Tida daar zo zit,mooie kleur papier.

Liefs Riet.x

Ilonka said...

hi Sharon wat een schitterend kaartje heel erg mooi!

groetjes Ilonka

ursula Uphof said...

Hi Sharon,
taken the plunge,(a bit scary) now see how we go from here. Will try and get something else posted before the day is over. Hope my cards will look as good.

Tracey said...

Love it. What a great emblishment you made with the ribbon and buttons, so cute.
Hugs,
Tracey