Pages

20 March 2010

2 Challenges in 1

Hello friends, hope you're all having a nice Saturday? I've been blog hopping and notice that our friends in the northern hemisphere are still experiencing cold weather, with today being especially cold and rainy!  Well, while Spring is still to show it's face, we've had a rather pleasant Autumn day in South Africa.  It started off cloudy this morning and then around 13h00 the sun came out and it's been rather nice ever since.

Have you popped around to the Whiff of Joy challenge blog?   Their challenge is for you to make an Easel Card and seeing that this is a rather new experience for me, I just had to take part and here is my little creation for you to enjoy.  I am also entering this into the Paper Take Weekly challenge, as I have used the colours Lilac & Lemon, which is what they've called for.

I chose this lovely DP from KaiserCraft first and then my beautiful Shopping Willow.  As you can see I chose my copics with care to blend in with my DP and am very happy with the result. I've used both sides of this paper, isn't the lilac, green and pale lemon just too lovely?  I used a stick on sentiment which I've had in my stash.  It just seemed appropriate to use for this card today... as we girls know that Shopping Is Lots Of FUN!  The rhinestones, flowers and ribbon I purchased from Paola (see her details under Where I Like To Shop).  I have a template for handbags and quickly made this one with purple card to make this card more fun!  I hope you like it as much as I enjoyed making it. 

Your comments are always appreciated, so if you feel like leaving one, that would be great! Tons of hugs to you all, Sharon x

11 comments:

Catherine said...

Hello Sweet Sharon ! Wow ! I adore your easel card ! The colours match so well together and the little bag is the sweetest idea ever ! Great image too ! Thank you so much for your lovely lovely comment on my blog, you are a darling ! I am making an easel card too... Might post it tomorro, as I am a slow crafter it takes me forever and a day to make a card ! Have a lovely evening ! Lots of hugs and smiles from Catherine

The Crafty Goat Girl said...

Hi Sharon, wow your card is just fabulous! I love the colours and Easel cards have to be my favs! Thanks for your lovely comments left on my blog. Have a super weekend, luv Heidi xx

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hi Sharon. I still have not made a card at all today, have lost all my inspiration, sad I am.
Your easel card is brilliant, I want to try one. Love the colours and that fab image, and that cute bag is just divine. Happy crafting my friend.
Love Sandra xx

RosesMarijke said...

Hello My Friend!!

Wat een schitterend mooi kaartje Sharon!!

Absolutely beautifullll!!

xxxxMarijke

Amanda said...

Hi Sharon. Another true beauty! Love your colors! I am still to do an easel card.
Have a great weekend!

dolcreations said...

Hello Sharon! Your easel card is adorable! I love that little handbag that you made! Wow.....that is very creative! Hope you have a wonderful autumn day!

ursula Uphof said...

Just love your card. I enjoy the easel cards they are such fun, but this one is really super with the lovely colours. We had a very autumnal day today. Lovely after all the heat, and I just love the changing season. Enjoy the resy of the Long weekend.

Cherie said...

A really huge HI!! Sharon,
WOW this is so fabulous love everything about it.
So excited to be working with you.
Love Cherie

Michele Roos said...

Oh such a gorgeous card Sharon. Love the image you've used and the papers also. Hugs Michele x

chilli pip said...

i love this stamp. I took my papar out to use for the lilac and lemon challenge and then saw your card so put it away for another day ha ha

Renkata said...

Very chic card!!!