Pages

14 May 2010

Cute Card Thursday Challenge... hello SUSAN

Good Evening friends... it's almost midnight as I'm typing this post.  I managed to get one challenge card done as we start the weekend.  I notice in my Google Reader that a few of you are busy too, so I don't feel so lonely. I'm a block of ice... it's freezing cold in Cape Town, so spare us a thought as you enjoy your Spring weather.  Was I really complaining about the heatwaves we were experiencing about two months or so ago????!

I received a whole lot of new stamps in the post about a week ago and as my EazyMount arrived today (thanks Paola for the speedy service), I could cut them out and mount them. I couldn't wait to stamp little Susan, an Elisabeth Bell creation, which can be bought here.  I really thought I'd introduce Emma to you first, but I'll leave her for another day.  Susan just captured my heart this evening... so here she is... I ADORE her, ain't she a cutie?

I am entering this card into the Cute Card Thursday Challenge. Their challenge is for you to make a card for Someone Special , so I've decided that this card is dedicated to ALL my lovely crafty friends who visit regularly and leave such nice comments... thank you Ladies. Also, to the few who send me little packages in the post, thanks so much. What a thrill it is to open the postbox and see an envelope from a local or overseas friend!  You know who you are, thanks so much, I really appreciate your kindness. 
For this card I chose a pale pink AC cardstock, purchased from our local Scrapbook Shop. Matted freebie MME's papers onto that (I love buying the overseas Cardmaking and Papercraft magazines, you always get something free that's worthwhile). Found a role of lace which I forgot that I have and my stunning flowers matched the DP perfectly. A few pearls for some class.  The sentiment is from Simon Says Stamps.  Little Susan was coloured in with my Copics and I was very pleased with the result. Added some glaze to the flowers and patches on her jeans, which you can see better on the pic below...


Don't you just love the shimmer paper I've used to stamp and colour her on? Works lovely with the Copics. Bought it from Charmaine's, one of the stores I visit regularly in my area.

I really enjoyed making this card tonight and hope the folk at Cute Card Thursday like it too.  Thanks so much for popping by, always nice hearing from you.  Wishing you a super weekend, hugs Sharon 

p.s. Don't forget to visit Elisabeth Bell's blog, there's a new digistamp being released 6pm Arizona time, around 3am SA time. Not sure I'll be awake then, but I'll check it out around 6am our time.  Can't wait!

16 comments:

Hetty said...

Wat een leuk kaartje en die kleuren
vind ik super

gr hetty

jimlynn said...

Sharon, it's a winner!!!! So cute. I really like how you added the glaze. Great idea. Just a wonderful card. Good luck with the challenge.
Lynn

dolcreations said...

Sharon..I LOVE THIS IMAGE! You have done such a beauty job!

RosesMarijke said...

Hello My friend


Wat een lief kaartje Sharon...jij ook bedankt hoor ...voor je vriendschap...je leuke berichtjes...je complimentjes en voor al je andere lieve dingen!!

Hugs and kisses en zoentjies van Lizzy...en Marijkexxxxx

Catherine said...

Oh thank you Sharon, this is so sweet of you ! Your card is gorgeous : love the colours you have chosen and all the finishing touches are - as usual - perfect ! Will try to send you an email during the week-end, I am so so behind everything... Gosh it is terrible getting old and slow !!! Hugs and smiles from Catherine

Shelly said...

Hi Sharon... oh your card is lovely! I adore the flower detail!
Hugs Shelly ;)

The Crafty Goat Girl said...

Hi Sharon, such a beautiful card! hugs Heidi xx

The Crafty Goat Girl said...

Hi Sharon, such a beautiful card! hugs Heidi xx

Riet said...

Ohhh Sharon,wat een schitterende kaart,lief die stempel,mooie kleuren.

Liefs Riet.xx

Ilonka said...

Wat een ontzettend mooi kaartje.

groetjes Ilonka

paola said...

Stunning Sha! Because i am not visitng as often as i used to i can see great improvements in your coloring and the addition of all these new little fabby things you doing, like the glaze. You go girl
smiles
Paola

Unknown said...

Sharon, this is beautiful!!! I just happen to love this stamp!!! Can you tell? Your card is totally stunning! You don't need any tips girl...your perfect just the way you are!

elly said...

wat heb je er weer een SUPER kaart van gemaakt
echt schitterend hoor


groetjes elly

Meahni Pieterse said...

Oh so cute, and great colours! I had a good chuckle about the the heat waves, I never complain about heat, lol!

Theresa's Studio said...

She is a lovely image. Love your pretty papers. This is a truly beautiful card.

Theresa's Studio said...

You asked about the image from my card...was a freebie on There's Magic in the Air last week. Should be in the store Paper Cupcakes http://papercupcakes-stamps.com/ but did not find there.