Pages

12 March 2011

Cross Stitch Tilda and an Award

Good evening all... gosh, today was one of those hectic spring-cleaning days.  I thought I would be crafting, but noooo... it turned out to be a major spring-clean day in my home. Not that I was doing any of the work mind you, but supervising is just as exhausting you know...LOL!

But, I did promise that I would be making some cards, so come hell or high water, here's my newish little Cross Stitched Tilda again (love her!) and this time she's in blue... (here she is in pink). 

The paper is bits and pieces from current stash.  The sentiment is new from Merrypak. Tilda is coloured with Copics. The ribbon is also new from Creative Talent and the lace is also new from Paola. See... I'm using more of my flowers and I still have stacks left... LOL



Used some dimension glaze on her pocket and bows, thought you could pick it up on this pic, but doesn't seem so.

I like finishing the inside of the card as well... used some blue gingham paper and added a strip of white in the centre for the message.  It's plain, but effective, just finishes a card off nicely.

Thanks to Iulia for the Versatile Blogger Award, I am thrilled to receive it.  She is one of the lovely people I have met through the Magnolia-licious group.  If you haven't visited her blog yet, please do, her creations are stunning!


I need time to think about whom to share this with, so watch this space...  If I don't click Publish Post now, then it'll be Sunday... so here's a very hurried cheerio for now, hugs Sharon x

20 comments:

LINDA W. said...

Great card i love this Tilda she
was one of my frist Tildas.
I love your card love all the embellies that you have added
hugs Linda

ursula Uphof said...

She is a cutie, love the cross stitching. Hope you have a wonderful Sunday. BTW, 19 March is my special day. Warm wishes, and thanks for your lovely comments.

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

she is a realy lovely Tilda, and your colour scheme is so striking, super card. janex

Catherine said...

Oh I adore your card Sharon ! The layout and those colours are gorgeous ! Very cute Tilda too ! She reminds me of the days when I used to do a lot of cross stitching... I loved it... Had to give up because of problems with my hands... Thank God I found papercrafting ! Hugs and love from Catherine

Always with a Sentiment said...

WOW Sharon. What a beauty. I love the colours and the layout is just perfect to highlight your fab image. Happy crafting my friend.
Lots of love, Sandra xxx

Christina C. said...

This is stunning....love the papers, the gorgeous lace and the beautiful flowers. Tilda, of course, is very lovely.

Juliep said...

This is such a pretty card. I've always loved Cross Stitch Tilda and you colored her so beautifully. I love the lace addition to your card as well. Very pretty. Thanks for sharing.

cathylynn said...

Sharon your card is an absolute delight!!! Wonderful colors and details!! Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

RenateKreativ said...

What a lovely card, I love this Tilda.
Hugs Renate

Beth said...

Awwwwww, Tilda is darling! Love the colors, your layout, and papers. Great job!

Riet said...

Schitterende kaart Sharon,leuke stempel,mooi ingekleurd.
Heel mooi papier.

Liefs Riet.

Card Crazy said...

Stunning card! Love the lace.
Sue S.

Chris said...

Love your card, Sharon! I love the colors. I would love to see the inside, too. I'm always curious what gals put inside their cards. You did a great job!

Sharon Caudle said...

I love this card, Sharon! The colors are beautiful and Tilda is adorable! Yummy papers and fabulous design!
hugs, Sharon

Sandy said...

Such a cute Tilda - nice design work! I love the lace you have used!!
Hugs, Sandy

Anonymous said...

Oh I just ADORE your lovely card with your coloring and design!! I really want to get this Tilda...she's so sweet!! TFS! HUGS

Pam said...

Sharon....so soft and pretty!
Hugs from Indiana,
Pam:)

Rosie said...

This is sooooo CUTE! I love the papers and your Tilda is fabulous. Hugs, Rosemary

Unknown said...

Adorable! I see Tilda has captured yoru heart!

cabio's craft corner said...

So very sweet & adorable Tilda. Lovely flower trim and cute embellishment :o)
Hugs,
Cabio