Pages

24 January 2012

A Rare Treat

Hello friends

This post is directed more at my overseas blogging friends than the local ones, but I am sure my upcountry blogging friends will enjoy this as well.

I follow Living Life Creatively, which is a blog created by a lady by the name of Bonnie.  I do not know her personally, but came across her blog perchance in blogland.  I paid her blog a visit today and was astounded at the beautiful photographs she has captured of one of our local villages, Franschhoek and Stellenbosch and thought I would direct you there, so that you can see more of my beautiful country.  These 2 villages are based in the Western Cape near where I live.  As my regulars will know, my daughter Kendall attended University in Stellenbosch, so it is very special to us and is about a 45 minute drive from where I live.  A beautiful drive which has stunning vineyards for one to admire on either side of the long road.

Funny how when viewing pictures of villages in other countries, one thinks "oh, if only I could go there or live there".  This was a real wake-up call for me... After viewing Bonnie's pics, I will no more have those thoughts, as I have the same beauty right on my doorstep.  Methinks it's time for a Sunday afternoon drive again, to take in the beauty of my own country.

Enjoy!

hugs Sharon x 

7 comments:

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hello Sharon. Thank you for guiding me to this lovely blog. What absolutely stunning pictures, I can honestly say you live in such wonderful surroundings. WOW.
Lots of love, Sandra xxx

Bonnie said...

Thanks Sharon. So kind of you to talk about my blog. I agree with you, we really should appreciate our own area more, especially here in the Cape, with our gorgeous scenery! I will be posting more pictures all week, on other areas and wine estates, so please pop around again!

Have a great day and enjoy your Sunday drive! Erni Els has a lovely patio on which to gaze appreciatively on the mountains and vineyards below and enjoy some lunch and a glass of wine!

Another gorgeous place is Waterford Wine Estate. (no food served though, but a delicious chocolate and wine tasting session!)

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

I've had a look at this blog and wow such a beautiful place and such fabulous pictures. I'm sat in my craft room,it's cold ,wet and dark ,what I call scuzz,outside.bet you wouldn't swap.
The grass is not always greener.
take care.janex

Hannelie said...

Hi Sharon!
Thanks for your visit earlier today!
... and that kind words! I appreciate that!
Now I miss home even more... looking forward to the day we return to SA!
Love
Hannelie

Cindy :) said...

wow ty for the virtual tour of your neck of the woods Sharon, amazing shots with the mountains, wonderful. I'd love to have a big beautiful loft type studio with large windows looking out onto such a scene.awesome
:)

Only By His Grace said...

Hi Sharon!
you certainly do live in a beautiful area. I love to see where others live. I am always asking Patti Jo about America.
I originally come from New Zealand and that is a beautiful country so lovely and green with beautiful scenery. I now live in Australia on the Sunshine Coast that has beautiful beaches. It is our Summer now too. At the moment it is our rainy season and a lot of the area is flooded. I live on a mountain so no chance of that where I live.
Hugs Maz

Hazel said...

Sharon such a stunning place you are so lucky. One day when I pluck up enough courage to get myself onto a plane I will come to SA.

Wonderful.

Hugs

Hazel x