Pages

28 February 2014

RSA Card Exchange

Hello friends

Long time no chat ! Real life just gets in the way sometimes. Doesn't mean that I haven't been busy.  I took part in a Card swop recently, as the Rubber Stamping of South Africa yahoo group will be celebrating its 12th birthday next month.

We had to follow a few guidelines viz. a Friendship theme, use a friendship quote inside your card, no thin cardstock, all original work ie no photocopies, stamping must be done, etc.

I usually don't have time to take part in all the swops and some are too complicated for me, but I thought I'd take part in this one.  I had to make 2 cards and as the first recipient received hers today, I can now display it on my blog for you all to see.




I typed out the story behind the Magnolia stamps.  People who are not familiar with them, can't understand why Tilda has no mouth.  So I typed out an explanation, which I found on the internet and included it in the card.   This is what it said:

Dear Friend

One is often asked….
What is the story behind Magnolia’s TILDA?
Why does she have wings and why does she have no mouth?

This is Magnolia’s response:
All Angels have wings, but some of them
don’t show them because they are hidden
on their backs.  The lack of a mouth is because
Angels speak with their heart, so there is no
need for a mouth.

Love them or hate them… Magnolia stamps
are very popular and a favourite stamp of mine.

I hope you don’t mind me sharing my love for TILDA with you !

Warm wishes, Sharon Keanly


 As an additional extra, I made a little notebook for the recipient as well.  She can keep this in her handbag.

And finally, I added some stamped images for her to play with and some cardboard sentiments for her to place on her own hand made cards or scrapbook pages.

As some of my crafty friends will know, I have a generous heart, and had such fun spoiling this lady with these gifts.  She was very happy.  

I have a few more cards to share, but that is for another post.

Thanks for popping by.


3 comments:

Sue said...

Lovely idea Sharon,I love your card and book.I am one that has these stamps,but no one likes my cards when I use them.
Hugs Sue x

chilli pip said...

Lovely Sharon I am sure you have made some one verrreee happy.

Petra Swart said...

You surely DO have a generous heart, my friend!! This is such a lovely 'goody bag' you've put together and I can just imagine how thankful the recipient was!!!
Your card is sooo beautiful - loving the pinks and greens and the lovely image of Tilda - great colouring again!! ...and such a great idea to include the story of Tilda (she really is a special girl, hey!!)
Have a super day, my friend!!
Hugz