Pages

16 August 2010

Cards for CANSA - last updates

Good evening friends... this will be one of my last updates concerning the Run for Life (Cards for CANSA) project that I am running with.  The response from the South African stamping friends has been remarkable.  Not only have we exceeded the 100 cards I initially asked for, but have as of this evening DOUBLED that amount.  Woohooo... you ladies rock!  Thank you so very much for responding to the cause... I am sure the Cancer Survivors taking part in the Relay for Life in Worcester, Western Cape later in October this year, will appreciate receiving one of YOUR cards in their gift bag.

So, here are a few cards I received this evening from the lovely Charmain Harris, who is the first blogfriend I have met in person. Lovely meeting you Charmain - I hope to keep in touch, as I so enjoyed our chat. Thank you to you and your friends, Sandra and Brenda for the awesome cards you have made... they are beautiful!



A week or so ago I received these lovely cards from Gail Grant. Thanks Gail, your cards are stunning!  Just love that embossing and your sentiments are so special. Need to find out where I can get some of those...


And last, but certainly not least, are cards received from Ursula Uphof and Hayley McIennan.  Beautiful cards ladies, thanks for your hard work!  Such a lot of detail. A real labour of love...



I am sorry that I've been unable to post each and every card, that is why I encourage you all to start a blog of your own, so that we can all view your beautiful creations. We have so much to learn from each other.

This project is nearing closure now, as all cards must be received by me by the end of this month.   It has been very heartwarming hearing how Cancer has affected each and everyone of us in some way, either directly or indirectly. Thank you for sharing your stories with me.  I hope we have the privilege of working together on a similar type of project in the future. 
Blessings, Sharon x

5 comments:

Lia said...

hi sharon,
wonderful cards you've got I love them all
hugs lia

Unknown said...

Wonderful cards, very nice colours and details, regards from Ageeth

Renkata said...

Wonderful cards, Sharon. Great idea.

Riet said...

Wat een schitterende kaarten Sharon.

Liefs Riet.x

Unknown said...

Beautiful cards with beautiful colors and sentiments!