Pages

09 December 2010

Summer in Cape Town

Morning dear blogfriends... no card today, but just wanted to share...

Whilst most of you in the Northern Hemisphere are freezing your tooties off... I thought I would share this pic which I took on my BB yesterday afternoon, with you. It was taken from the room where we were having our year-end function and it was sweltering hot outside... the beach looked so inviting and there were so many tanned bodies to be seen... ohhhh, why didn't I start that diet earlier as my dear sister suggested ??... lol

Summer has officially arrived in Cape Town !!!  That's Table Mountain in the distance and this was taken from Moyo's on the Beach at Blouberg.  (If you have the time, please click on the links to see some awesome photographs).



The weather and the fact that next week Wednesday will be my last day in office for 3 whole weeks, as I go on my annual vacation, reminds me of that movie I saw as  child with Cliff Richard singing this song... (all sing along now)

We're all going on a summer holiday
no more working for a week or two.
Fun and laughter on our summer holiday,
no more worries for me or you,
for a week or two.


We're going where the sun shines brightly
we're going where the sea is blue.
We've all seen it on the movies,
now let's see if it's true.


Everybody has a summer holiday
doin' things they always wanted to
So we're going on a summer holiday,
to make our dreams come true
for me and you.
For me and you.


Here's wishing you all a wonderful day further, tons of hugs, Sharon

10 comments:

jenny said...

What a beautiful view Sharon ~ oh to be in the sunshine!!
Enjoy your summer hols, 3 weeks to relax and craft and enjoy time with your family, sounds fab!

Jenny xx

elly said...

hallo sharon
ooooooooooooooooo wat een heerlijk weer is het bij jou.
zullen we ruilen?
jij hier en ik daar
hahahahahahhahahah
en wat een mooie foto van de tafelberg.
erg mooi hoor daar


fijne vakantie
groetjes elly

Rene Sharp said...

You are SO lucky to live in the Cape dear friend. We are also closing on the 15th. CAN'T WAIT!!! :)

ursula Uphof said...

I love that view. My son used to live up that way and I just loved looking at the mountain from there. Oh well.......things change, I can now see my family every week. Good luck with the last few days of work.

Catherine said...

Lucky girl ! I am green with envy ! And you've got me singing too now ! Hugs and love from Catherine

dolcreations said...

What a beautiful picture Sharon! I would love to be there right now!
Enjoy your 3 weeks off....sounds like time to enjoy your family and some crafting!

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hello Sharon. Thank you for those wonderful pictures to make me jealous, haha.
Please visit my blog when you have time, I have left something there for you.
Lots of love, Sandra xxx

Nina Macaulay said...

Wow what great weather, and an even bigger wow for those photos on the websites!
It looks like a dream place to be,
and South Africa has just upped its position on my list of place's to go at least once! Japan is still at the top though :OD

Enjoy your hols,

Hugs Nina xx


Ps I took some pictures outside today, a tad colder here as you mention Lol, will post them soon.

Pinklady 68 said...

Wow, what a beautiful view Sharon! Enjoy the lovely summer weather:-) Today we have had -16C, blue sky and sun! Perfect for Christmas here in Norway:-)
Hugs Laila.

RosesMarijke said...

Wat lijkt me dat heerlijk Sharon....even in het zonnetje zitten...het is hier erg koud hoor!

Wat zijn je kaarten allemaal weer zooo mooi en zo schattig...je kleurt het ook allemaal zo mooi in!!
Geweldig hoor...je krijgt van mij een groot compliment want je maakt geweldige kaarten!!
Veel liefs van Marijke xxxx