Pages

11 October 2011

My Mad Hatter's Cake card

Good evening friends... boy, did I have fun this evening... I popped around to the wonderful network group I belong to, The Outlawz, and met some new friends.  We were chatting away for quite a while... I was just going to pop in to say Hi to my old DT friends, when the conversation just started.  That's the wonderful thing about belonging to this group, there is always someone to chat to.  I'll be sure to pop around more often from now on.


Anyways.... I was telling Cindy and Lee that I had to make a 40th birthday card to take to work tomorrow. The birthday cake has been ordered from Charly's Bakery in Cape Town and as I just love their Topsy Turvy cakes (think, the Mad Hatter's cake in Alice in Wonderland), I thought I'd make a card with a similar cake.  Now, as I don't have a topsy turvy cake stamp, I drew one and cut out the different layers from left over cardstock and this is what it looks like ...



Now that I've experimented with this one, I plan to sketch a few more using brighter, bolder colours for the different tiers.  Should be fun, don't you think ? 


Here's a pic of the inside, sorry it is all blurrish!


And here's a very simple sketch version of the cake, which I drew before making the card...  Think I'll sit down and make a few template variations later.


Here's Charly's Bakery



If you're popping by, I'd love to know what you think.  Hope you're having fun crafting, hugs Sharon x

6 comments:

Cindy :) said...

WOW....thats awesomely beautiful, of course the recipient will love it, unless she has the taste of an onion, I was gonna say unless she's blind and can't see it but even a blind person could feel how beautiful this is and would love this card.
HUGS I love it
Cindy :)

ursula Uphof said...

What a lovely card. That image is just so good, you need to do some designing my friend. LOL!.I am sure this card was a hit. Sorry not been around much, just so madly busy.

Riet said...

Wat een prachtige kaart Sharon.

Liefs Riet.xx

Unknown said...

Ah Sharon, you did an awesome job with drawing and creating! Looks professional and love the photo of the bakery! Quite different then here in the states with our boring glass store fronts! Glad you had fun at the site!! That makes me happy!! Hugz!

Anonymous said...

This is a great card, Sharon. What a beautiful job you did with the cake - love it!
Amelia x

Lee said...

What a stunning card Sharon, just knew it would turn out perfectly. Enjoyed chatting to you the other night and thank you for the tips with my copics. As for Charly's Bakery, think i need to make a trip down to C.T just to see the building... and to try out their yummy stuff. Hope to catch up again soon. Tons of hugs, Lee