Pages

18 January 2014

Totally Gorjuss (DT) - Pearls and/ or Lace

Hello again dear friends

Happy Saturday!  I'll be starting work on Monday after being off on Sick Leave for 6 weeks and then Annual Leave for 2 weeks, a total of 8 weeks and I can't believe how the time has flown by.  I have rested well and started driving for the first time 3 days ago.  It really felt strange getting behind the wheel again, but all is well!

Without further ado... our challenge over at Totally Gorjuss is Pearls and / or Lace.

I've undertaken the task of cleaning out my craftroom before I go back to work and found some gorgeous Gorjuss Girl images and paper I purchased a while back.  A shame that I had forgotten about them, but no sweat, I've quickly remedied that and brought them out to play.  Here's my take on the challenge for this week.  I went for Pearls only.


Recipe for this creation
Paper:  Red cardstock from my stash to create a border for the stunning striped Gorjuss Girl paper
Image:  Gorjuss girl
Bow:  Gorjuss girl
Sentiments:  Computer generated by myself
Pearls: Black from my stash
Lacy Border: Martha Stewart's Vintage Doily (LOVE this design)

Sponsor for this challenge of a wonderful Gift Voucher:  Heather's Hobbie Haven

Remember, you've got to be IN it to WIN it!  Good luck with the challenge.  We look forward to viewing your creations.

Thanks for popping by.



13 comments:

Only By His Grace said...

This is so gorgeous Sharon. I love the design and your colour scheme.
Keep well.
Hugs Maz

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,fab image and papers.xxx

Desire Fourie said...

Gorgeous. Love the bow with the sentiment.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Sandy said...

You are right! Your card is totally gorgeous!!!
sandy

jimlynn said...

Glad you're feeling good enough to head back to work again! Take care of yourself and don't over do it though.
This is simply divine!!! SO pretty and I do love those pearls. Very nice.
Lynn

chilli pip said...

Love this colour scheme but then I always seem to like your "brown" cards. I hope you are well rested and fully recovered and hope the year ahead for you and Kendall is filled with excitement , crafting and good cooking (kendall)

Sharon said...

I love Gorjuss girls and you have created a stunning card with this image Sharon. The embossed border is gorgeous and I love the papers.
Have a lovely weekend.
Hugs Sharon. x

Annette said...

This is lovely Sharon. I really love the look of these Gorjuss girls, but have not yet pushed the boat out to get any. I have so many uninked stamps, (and still buying more) that my new year's resolution of not buying more until I've used the ones I have has just gone by the wayside! :0( I like this one though. She's adorable. And I like the stripes.

By the way, does anyone access the emails on the Totally Gorjuss blog? I only ask because I was lucky enough to win in December, and sent off a couple of emails as instructed, and didn't hear anything. I left a comment on the challenge blog too, and then noticed that a couple of other winners of different challenges had left similar comments, so it wasn't just me. I wonder if there is a problem with the email address, but surely then the owner must start to wonder why the winners never get in touch! Strange. I've given up on the prize, but just thought I'd let you know as perhaps you can let the challenge owner know so she can check everything is ok with the email, so that future winners are able to contact her.

Have a lovely weekend honey.
Hugs
Annette
xx

Kat said...

Gorgeous Sharon. Love that Gorjuss Girl. Don't know when I last used a Gorjuss Girl on a card!

Good luck going back to work. Must be a bit of a thought!

Kat xx

dragonllew said...

Great card love the image and the colours.
Jenny x

Unknown said...

Liewe Sharon

Jou kaartjie is pragtig. ek hou van jou kleure, en sy is so mooi.

Liefde Carina

Pop's Cards said...

Good morning sweetie, this is gorgeous, a gorgeous creation huggles Pops x x x

Petra Swart said...

Oh, what lovely colours, Sharon!! .. and boy do I like the little kitten on her lap!! The striped bg is so striking - I LOVE it!! Another lovely card, my friend!!!
Hugz