Pages

04 June 2010

Teddy Stampers - Movie Inspiration

Hello friends and thanks for joining us at Teddy Stampers again for another challenge.  Our challenge this week is Movie Inspiration and I can't wait to see what you'll come up with...  Our sponsor this time is Squigglefly.


This was quite a challenge for me, I must admit.  I was really stumped until an email arrived from Elizabeth Dulemba, the artist who drew this lovely Potter Teddy. Then the ideas just flew through my head. I made the 'film strip' myself by matting white card onto black and then colouring in the dashes you find on the film strip with a black copic. Elizabeth is an amazingly talented children's book author and illustrator. Do pop around and visit her blog.

Here's a close-up so that you can see the glaze that was used on Teddy's hat and scarf.

I can't wait to see what you come up with, so please join in the fun!  Hoping you'll come to the movies with us... Take care, hugs Sharon

13 comments:

Rene Sharp said...

Love your card for this challenge Sharon!! I am going to update my blog shortly. Hope you have a fab weekend my friend. My week has been so hectic it is frightning, so I am REALLY looking forward to some down-time this weekend! x

ursula Uphof said...

Love your card. This is a real challenge for me, not much of a movie goer, but will give it a bash.
Last day of the week. enjoy the weekend.

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hi Sharon. Beautiful image on this card and I love the layout, very different. Beautiful, delicate colouring too. Happy crafting.
Love Sandra xx

Carol said...

WOW Sharon, this card is just too gorgeous!! Luv the filmstrip and your lo and colours are really fab! Image is too sweet and so beautifully coloured. Lotsa luv xxxx

Annie said...

fabulous card Sharon and fantastic teddy image - perfect for our theme!
enjoy your day.
hugs, annie x

Hetty said...

Wat een super leuk kaartje

gr hetty

Crystal said...

AWWW this is sooo very sweet, LOVE the colors you used on this card!!!! Thanks for popping over and visiting me!! You have a wonderful blog...Me and my hubby read your world cup post, he really wants to come visit you so he can watch the game..LOL!!!!Atleast you can talk in your native language to him he speaks great DUTCH!!:) Have a great one!!!

Catherine said...

This is such a clever card Sweetie ! The challenge was really difficult and the card you have made is so beautiful ! Love the film strip ! Hugs and smiles from Catherine

Crealin said...

Hi sweet Sharon,

your card is stunning and creative, just loved it (but you already know LOL). Have a lovely weekend!


Big hug,

Lins x

Cherie said...

This was a toughie challenge but so much fun when the ideas start. your card is so brilliant... fabulous colouring absolutley love it!!!
thanks for your lovely comments
Love Cherie

Theresa's Studio said...

What a great card!!! and love that bear. Not much into movie challenges but your challenge entry is fabulous and so creative.

Unknown said...

Sharon, You are so creative I would have never thought to do this! Bright and cheerful! Excellent job!

Elizabeth O Dulemba said...

What a wonderful job you did with him Sharon!! And I sure am enjoying the World Cup - congrats on hosting!
Cheers,
e